Pablo Torrecilla

nosolopau, /nosolopˈaʊ/

Some interesting projects


SiestaCMS is the idealistic and experimental CMS that powers this website. It is intended to be a lightweight, simple, database free, serverless solution for lazy people. It was written in 180 lines of JavaScript, 70 lines of HTML, and 80 lines of CSS, and the project's website is suspiciously similar to this one. Learn more in

Let’s req!

This was my M.S. Degree Final Project. In a time when SaaS and web application were still rare, Let's req! saved thousands of hours of students and engineers by providing an usable and modern tool for requirements engineering. It suported a requirements management methodology derived from Rational Unified Process and it had pretty cool features, like being able to automatically create complete use cases for CRUD operations, generating UML use case diagrams, and providing a way of creating reports in different formats.

Unfortunately I was unable to keep up with increased regulation and security updates so I decided to discontinue it in 2017. But it was epic. I even sold a license to a pretty large software company!


REMbooth allowed you to configure reminders for Redbooth tasks using your Twitter account. I liked experimenting with APIs and services and I had a lot of fun building this thing. Source code:


A few years ago I was hired several times for different rescue missions for Rails applications. I found out that a nice starting point was to understand the depedencies, so I built a tool to parse Gemfiles and get several facts about the libraries they contained. Source code:


This was my B.S. Degree Final Project. I built an A.I. engine for playing hex, an highly-complex (and super interesting!) board game. The application was the first strong hex game written in Java, and back in the time it was one of the strongest artificial players ever written. The source code is terrible and function names and variables were in Spanish (!!). There were definitely old times. However, it worked amazingly and it even won a price!


Bicingstats was the first serious attempt at retrieving and storing historical usage information about Barcelona’s public bike service. Although is not working anymore functioning, I think it’s a cool thing to preserve :). Source code: